The department of clinical pathology is composed of 3 divisions namely, services, research and training. These divisions are further organized into the following units
- General Clinical Chemistry
- Quality Management System
Clinical consult with other clinical departments.
- Clinical Chemistry Laboratory – Electrolytes, Urea, creatinine, Lipogram, Liver Function Test e.t.c.
- Endocrinology/Immunology Laboratory - Hormones
- Toxicology Laboratory – Screening for Substance of Abuse
- Special Testing Laboratory – Tumor markers, Osmometry, Electrophoresis
- Research support
- Residents in Pathology, Medicine, Community Health, Family Medicine including supranumeracy staff.
- Medical Laboratory Science Student.
- Laboratory Quality Management System (QMS) training